Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fall is in the air...and the kitchen

I thought I'd start off with a Fall recipe that I love. When the leaves start to change and the weather cools down, I immediately start to crave soup. My favorite soup is my Mom's Cheesy Potato. Here is the recipe:

6 c. Chopped potatoes
1 c. Chopped celery
1 c. Chopped carrots
1/2 c. Chopped onion
2 c. Water
2 t. Parsley
Pepper to taste
2 Cubes or 2 t. chicken bullion
1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed

Boil vegetables in 2 c. water on medium heat until tender. Don't drain.
Mix 3 c. milk and 4 T. flour. Add to vegetables. Cook until soup thickens. Stirring often.
Stir in cheese. Stir often until cheese melts.

This recipe makes A LOT of soup. If you halve it, it makes about 5 servings.

Also, I've used vegetable bullion instead of chicken and that works just as well. I also used soy milk instead of regular milk.

Bon Apetit!

2 comments:

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

YEAH Mandy! I am so excited you started this. Miss ya!

Mandy said...

Send me a recipe to add! Miss you guys too. Take care.