Friday, November 21, 2008

More Beans...Can There Ever Be Too Many? I Think Not!

I also recently received this recipe from Morgan for Mexican bean salad that sounds yummy and easy. Perhaps I can make Kelly's black bean soup and Morgan's Mexican bean salad and have a fiesta!

Mexican-style Bean Salad
1 can Black or kidney beans
1 can Romano beans
1 c. Corn kernels, cooked
1/2 c. Onion, thinly sliced
1/2 Sweet red pepper chopped
2 T. Cilantro or parsley, chopped
DRESSING FOR SALAD
1/3 c. Fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 T. Olive oil
Pinch of salt and pinch of pepper
Drain and rinse beans and place in bowl. Add corn, onion, and red pepper. In a small bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture and top with cilantro or parsley. Toss to coat.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds delicious. I think I'll try it for dinner on Monday...Mom

Monica said...

I didn't know you had started this recipe blog up, awesome! Very cool idea. I'm definitely going to try the black bean soup recipe. And yes, I think you should throw a fiesta for sure!

Heather said...

Hey, Mandy!
Your blog is so cute and your pic is adorable. I love this idea and will be a follower...although I'm not sure how to designate myself as one...